Podcasts are an increasingly popular medium for original content. With so many available at your fingertips, which are the TOP 10 PODCASTS to listen to now?
Before we jump into our list of the Top 10 Podcasts, let’s take a moment to look over the increase in popularity of pods.
According to MusicOomph, there are more than 700,000 active podcasts and more than 29 million podcast episodes. This is up from 550,000 podcasts and 18.5 million episodes in 2018, according to Apple at WWDC 2018.
Here are some more interesting facts regarding podcasts:
- 51% of Americans have listened to a podcast
- 54% of these listeners listened on Apple Podcasts
- Listeners spend an average of 6 hours and 37 minutes per week listening to pods
- Most listeners range between 24-34 years of age
- 68% of podcast listeners are likely to be post-graduates
- 45% of listeners are likely to make $250,000 or more annually
- Podcast ad revenue has increased from $69M in 2015 to $402M in 2018
With all this buzz regarding this growing platform, many people are left wondering what to listen to. Sure, you could learn about investments in big companies and get some self-help tips, but haven’t you had enough of fluctuating markets and Ted-Talk sessions?
This is why we at Welcome to THE SHOW have compiled a list of the Top 10 Podcasts that will make you forget about the world around. These pods will provide you with the brief escape you need while you cook, commute, or however you prefer to spend your time listening.